Schedule of Student Activities
Sunday, September 11
16:00 to 17:00 Meet & Greet MetSoc Student Chapters (for Chapter members only)
18:45 to 22:00 Meet at the Info Booth for students Night Out Event! -RSVP limited seating
Tuesday September 13
13:00 to 14:00 Poster judging contest- (all student poster participants). View List of Student Posters!
17:00 to 18:30 Student Industry Mixer- Meet and mingle with Industry leaders (all students)
Student Fun Night
Students are invited to get together for an evening on the town. Students will walk to a local pub La Revanche where an array of board games are available for play. Snack and entrance fee are complimentary but beverages are at the discretion of the students.
This event is complimentary but is limited in space so RSVP!
Carl-Frédéric De Celles of iXmédia inc
“Zen and the Art of Social Networking”
Description: Tips and tricks on how to maintain an appropriate personal branding while developing meaningful professional relationships through social networks.
Bar opens at 17:20, following the presentation.
Door prizes, Poster award announcements and fun!
Student Poster Competition
The Call for Student Posters is closed. Poster Instruction for All; student participation is strongly encouraged. Student Poster Presenters are required to preregister. The deadline to register is August 15. Failure to register will result in removal from the poster session.
We recommend that Poster Presenters bring Posters onsite.
PRINTING OF POSTERS ONSITE:
The Concierge at the Quebec Convention Center offers print services for posters. Participants can pick up their posters at the concierge desk at the convention center. Exact hours to pick up posters must be confirmed.
For more information, including pricing and pick up hours, contact: email@example.com .
Sunday, September 11, 17:00 to 20:00 (set-up 9:00 to 16:30)
Monday, September 12, 10:00 to 17:00
Tuesday September 13, 10:00 to 17:00 – Judging 13:00-14:00 (tear down after 4pm)
Poster Instruction for All (Subject to Change)
Student Poster Session: Please note that NO student papers of the posters will be in the proceedings
- Every author should be aware of the following recommendations before preparing their posters
- Poster size – Maximum 90 X 120 cm (3ft wide X 4ft tall). You will share your board with another presenter
- Readability – Background and font colors have to be chosen in order to get enough contrast and be easily legible from a distance of 3 ft
- Set-up – Participants will be asked to set-up their poster on Sunday. Judging will take place on Monday.
- Attendance – Presenters should be present at their posters during the judging time for conference delegates
- The author’s name, address and the title of the paper along with his/her student status should be described on the top section of the poster.
- Material for attaching the posters and illustrations will be provided.
Poster presenters are responsible for the printing and posting of their poster. We recommend that Poster Presenters bring Posters onsite.
PRINTING OF POSTERS ONSITE:
The Concierge at the Quebec Convention Center offers print services for posters. Participants can pick up their posters at the concierge desk at the convention center.
Exact hours to pickup posters must be confirmed. For more information, including pricing and pick up hours, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Technical content – background, procedure, analysis and discussion of results, conclusion (valid and supported)
- Appearance – overall layout, clarity, legibility and amount of text, quality of illustrations, graphs and micrographs
- Oral presentation – organization, clarity, timing.
MetSoc Travel Funding
THE PROGRAM IS NOW FULL. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.